Led by Eric Lei
Our first meeting mainly focused on strategy and design ideas.
In the first half of the meeting, we brainstormed many ideas about how to make the drive frame, which wheels we should use on the frame, and what strategies we wanted to focus on. We determined:
- Use an open frame to allow the intake to be inside the frame
- Use 2x colson wheels and 4x omni wheels
- We want to focus on agility and mobility but be able to hold our ground in endgame
In the second half of the meeting, we (along with the high goal shooter group led by Wilfred Nono) brainstormed ideas on how to make an agitator and how it would connect to the shooter.
We came up with:
- a revolving door agitator:
- A wheel is made with slots for balls.
- As the wheel turns, the balls will hit a rotating belt that pulls it up to the shooter.
- The container could be a tall cylinder to increase capacity.
- a multiple belt system:
- Belts are used to pull the balls into one corner of the container.
- Belts along the floor pull the balls to one side.
- A perpendicular belt runs along the wall pulling the balls toward a single corner.
- At the corner, another belt pulls the balls up into the shooter
We know that we need to index or feed the balls into the shooter one by one but we have not decided which agitator will be most effective.
Next week, we will hopefully decide and start prototyping. I also want to talk more about gear boxes and building them.
Led by Karl Brown and Ryan Emadi
Today’s meeting was pretty good overall. Before 4:30 mechanics covered safety requirements for machinery and power tools. Afterwards, there was a RIAB demo and rookies were taught how to drill and punch. 4 people stayed after 4:30 which was great, and we began teaching about designing an electronics board for Bunnybots (12” x 20” for now).
We’re planning to CNC the RIAB 2.0 next Thursday with help from mechanics. There will most likely be more time for purposes such as re-teaching soldering/crimping to anyone who missed last week, also to continue designing/assembling the electronics board.
Led by Anika Dasgupta and Lilian Palosky
- Got everyone there on basecamp
- The people with laptops were given the instructions for downloading code, but apparently the java version is outdated, so we'll work on fixing that in the wiki
- I also talked briefly about people getting on github, but there was not enough time to have everyone join
- Lana and I started working on the bunnybot2019 repo, mostly by using the map.yml file from legasus and editing that
- Nathan updated the gradle version so that it worked properly
- Anika continued teaching JavaDev
- Figure out what the bunnybot mechanisms are going to be and start to add them to the map
- Maybe some vision stuff, to see if we can get the limelight to work