UPDATE: GAME RULES ARE RELEASED HERE.
REGISTRATION EXTENDED TO 10/31/18
What is Bunnybots?
Bunnybots, an offseason competition created by FRC Team 1540, is the ultimate preseason challenge. Designed to mimic the official FRC build season, Bunnybots is comprised of a FRC-style game released in early September, a three month build season, and a competition in December. The idea behind Bunnybots is to supplement preseason training for other teams by giving their new members the opportunity to build simple, affordable, robots. You can read more about past Bunnybots competitions and 1540’s vision here.
FRC Team 449 is bringing the Bunnybots model to the Chesapeake district. Because this is our first time running such an event, we plan to use Team 1540’s 2018 game with small changes. Some differences between our competition and 1540’s:
- We will mimic a normal FIRST competition with regards to match schedule and order
- Basically, we will start with qualification matches, either played 2v2 or 3v3 depending on the number of teams, then go on to alliance selection and matches played according to this flowchart
- Robots will undergo inspection, although it will be less formal than a competition inspection
- As we get closer to the competition date, an inspection checklist will be released
- Bumpers are required but the covers are not
- A flag with the team number on it will show team number/alliance color
- Only the current FRC electrical system can be used
September 1st: Game Reveal and Start Build Day
October 31st: Registration Deadline
December 15th: Bunnybots Competition
Location: Montgomery Blair High School Gymnasium at 51 University Blvd E, Silver Spring, MD
Concessions and limited lunch will be available on-site. Restaurants within walking distance include Chipotle and McDonalds.
Pit Setup: 5:00 – 8:00 AM
Field Setup: 8:00 – 11:00 AM
Load In: 9:30 – 11:00 AM
Opening Ceremony: 11:00 – 11:30 AM
Qualification Matches Part 1: 11:30 – 1:00 PM
Lunch Break: 1:00 – 2:00 PM
Qualification Matches Part 2: 2:00 – 3:30 PM
Alliance Selection: 3:30 – 4:00 PM
Playoffs/Fun Rounds: 4:00 – 5:30 PM
Awards/Closing Ceremony: 5:30 – 6:00 PM
Load out: 6:00 – 7:00 PM
Field Disassembly and Cleanup: 6:00 – 9:00 PM
The registration fee is $100. The fee goes up for every additional robot you bring (two robots would be $150). The money earned will be used to cover the costs of holding the event. Fill out the team registration form here.
MBHS Magnet Foundation, Inc.
15012 Butterchurn Lane
Colesville, MD, 20905
Please put your team number, “Bunnybots” and “Robotics” in the subject line.
PayPal – Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Fee is 2.9% + $0.30 transaction fee so the cost would be $103.20
Our volunteer registration form is available here.
Official game rules
If you find any issues with the information we have provided here or you have any questions about the event, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.