George B. Thomas Learning Academy
As a long-term outreach initiative, our team has begun teaching Java programming lessons to students at the George B. Thomas Learning Academy, a Saturday school primarily for underserved youth.
Java Programming with Robotics Applications
The aim of this course is to teach, from zero coding experience, all the Java necessary to program a robot.
- Students learn to code in Java—one of the most popular, versatile, and influential programming languages
- No programming experience required!
- Taught by members of The Blair Robot Project's programming subteam
- Time permitted, students will write and test code for a robot using WPILib, FRC's coding library
- Classes are Saturdays 11:30AM-1:30PM from September to April at Montgomery Blair High School
- Prerequisites: Students must be in middle or high school and have completed Math 6
- Class is at no additional cost to students already registered with GBTLA!
- Otherwise, registration is an affordable $85, or $40 for FARMS students
- Register here! Registration is open around the beginnging of September
- Contact email@example.com with any questions